Sport Sheffield are running an NPLQ Course with AED Bolt on in April 2020 (Dates TBC)
The fee is £230 (which includes course fees, course materials and the cost of your final exam).
RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
The RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The NPLQ is a recruitment requirement to work as a Pool Lifeguard and can be a stepping stone in to a career in the leisure industry.
The NPLQ course duration is 36 hours with an optional bolt on element of Automated External Defibrillation (AED) which is 1.5 hours. At Sport Sheffield we believe that all lifeguards should be trained to use an AED and therefore the course duration is 37.5 hours.
The course comprises of physical training and theoretical classroom work, followed by a practical in-water and out-of-water assessment on pool rescue, first aid, CPR and lifesaving skills.
Every candidate, prior to commencement of training for the NPLQ must:
• Be 16 years of age at the time of taking the NPLQ assessment;
• Be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:-
• Jump / dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
• Tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to the floor of the pool
• Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
Our Trainer Assessors are experienced at delivering the NPLQ and coaching their candidates to pass the final exam; we have a 100% pass rate. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the NPLQ.
If you are interested in the NPLQ but are not available for this course please email us as we may have further courses available later in the year.
Please email us if you are interested in this exciting qualification